Stud. Employee (m/f/d) 41 MoStd. limited to 2 years Identifier: SHK OEI-Kultur 2023
News from Jul 12, 2023
In the Department of Culture, artistic, knowledge and media-historical aspects of East European cultures are researched and taught. In our seminars and research projects, we examine how cultures continually redefine themselves through symbolic forms (especially literature, visual arts, film, theatre, performance) and what role they play - historically and currently - in the social practices of Eastern European cultures (e.g. cultures of memory, protest cultures, gender cultures, work cultures, living cultures, communication cultures). Research and teaching are oriented towards cultural comparatism with comparative perspectives on the Caucasus and Central Asia.
The duties of the position include:
- Supporting the head of the Department of Culture in research and teaching
- Research and provision of literature and/or teaching and research materials
- technical and organisational support for scientific, public and teaching events (incl. preparation of event announcements)
- Support in the maintenance of the department's homepage
- EDV knowledge
- Experience in using the FU's content management system
- Good knowledge of English and an Eastern European language (preferably Ukrainian)
- Studies in Eastern European Studies or General and Comparative Literature
- well-founded interests in the field of Eastern European cultures and literatures
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Susanne Strätling, quoting the identifier in PDF format (preferably as a single document): firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the
Freie Universität Berlin
Frau Prof. Dr. Susanne Strätling
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent for your data to be electronically processed and stored.
We would like to point out that if your application is sent electronically without protection, Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of the personal data transmitted.