DESK TSU: Three training grants for tutors
News from May 04, 2023
Central Institute for Eastern Europe
Three advanced scholarships within the framework of the DAAD German Language Study Program (DSG) "Germany in South Caucasus: Institutions & Development" (DESK) at Tbilisi State University, Georgia
for the winter semester 2023/24 (September 2023-January 2024), the summer semester 2024 (February 2024-June 2024), and the winter semester 2024/25 (September 2024-January 2025).
We offer three DAAD advanced scholarships (1150 EUR per month for five months plus airfare (Berlin-Tbilisi) and free accommodation in the student dormitory of Tbilisi State University) within the DESK project. The DESK project is a DAAD-funded certificate program in German and European Studies directed at science and law students of Tbilisi State University. According to DAAD regulations, only one scholarship can be awarded per tutor.
To assist in the teaching of Prof. Dr. Theocharis Grigoriadis in the areas of German and European Political Economy (winter semester 2023/24, winter semester 2024/25) and German Foreign Economic Relations (summer semester 2024). The tutor's teaching load is 2 semester hours per week (SWS).
- Completed Master's degree with a good or very good overall grade in a relevant field (social sciences, political science, economics, law, or similar),- Native or fluent German language skills (min. C1 CEFR),
- very good knowledge of English (min. B2 CEFR).
- Experience in South Caucasus; Scientific interest in Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan;
- Basic knowledge of an Eastern European or Eurasian language;
- Ability to work independently in a conceptual manner and innovative spirit.
Please submit your complete application materials electronically only to the project coordinator, Ms. Aikaterini Lykoudi, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2023. If you have any questions, you may contact the program directors, Prof. Dr. Theocharis Grigoriadis, email@example.com, or Prof. Dr. Davit Narmania, firstname.lastname@example.org.