Digital Code of Conduct of the Institute for East European Studies at Freie Universität of Berlin
The digital code of conduct of the Institute for East European Studies serves to regulate the use of participatory media during online courses. It is based on an understanding of the dignity and equality of all users, online and offline.
1. Please do not provide anyone who is not registered for the course with the link or password of the respective WebEx-meeting.
2. Students are not permitted to take photographic, audio, or video recordings of the seminar nor to sell, pass on or share any recordings or photographs taken with others.
3. Instructors wishing to record seminars or individual parts thereof must have signed and submitted a declaration of permission (for further instructions, consult the FU’s “Richtlinie zur audiovisuellen Aufzeichnung von Lehrveranstaltungen und deren Nutzung an der Freien Universität Berlin”). Recordings must not contain any data that could lead to the identification of a student/class participant (name, image, audio, non-anonymous poll data, etc.).
4. All users are required to show respect toward all other users.
5. In that spirit, the following is absolutely prohibited:
- to post or circulate inappropriate content including inappropriate speech/behavior, content, discriminatory remarks, hate speech, etc.
- to show disruptive behavior, including spamming, chat abuse, impersonation of other users, stalking, cyberbullying, etc.
- to post content that breaches intellectual property rights such as a link to an illegally downloaded film, photograph or text.
Users who do not comply with these rules will be expelled from the class, referred to the dean’s office and possibly face legal consequences.
6. If you witness or are exposed to any form of abuse in the course of a digital seminar, please contact the instructor or the equal opportunity officer of the OEI as soon as possible.
7. For further instruction, please consult Freie Universität Berlin’s rules and regulations regarding e-learning at: https://wikis.fuberlin.de/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=649604630 or https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/universitaet/profil/studium_lehre/code-of-conduct/index.html.