How do you apply?
Applicants with a German degree
If you have obtained your first professional degree (usually Bachelor's) in Germany, please fill out the current online application form completely.
All application documents must be uploaded exclusively on the application portal.
Hardship applications will be sent by mail to the Admissions Office.
Freie Universität Berlin
Application and Admissions Office
The application deadline is the 15th of August.
Applicants with a non-German degree
Your application should include the following:
- The completed application form for admission to the Master's program in Eastern European Studies,
- Proof of previous university degrees
- Proof of English language skills on level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- If applicable, proof of German language skills for non-native speaker applicants
- Proof of qualifications acquired outside of university (e.g. internships)
- The application documents must be submitted in full to the office responsible for admission at Freie Universität Berlin by the application deadline.
Here you will find more detailed information on the application and admission procedure.