Application deadline extended: research assistant, History department (Praedoc; m/f/d)
News from Jan 09, 2022
65% part-time employment
temporary up to 4 years
pay group 13 TV-L FU
The Department of History of Eastern and East Central Europe is being reorganized. For the team of the professorship, which is currently being established, we are looking for a motivated researcher.
In research and teaching, we are primarily concerned with the history of the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and the post-Soviet space. Transnational and global historical references play a particularly important role.
- Participation in research and teaching at the Department of History at the Institute for East European Studies
- Preparation of a dissertation
- Conducting lectures
The position serves the own scientific qualification.
Requirements for employment:
- Completed academic degree (Master, Magister, Diplom) in History, Eastern European History or a related subject.
- Good knowledge of an Eastern (Central) European language as well as of the English language
- Willingness to take on tasks in academic self-administration
- Please attach a short synopsis of a possible PhD project (max. 2 pages) to your application.
For further information, please contact Herr Prof. Robert Kindler (email@example.com/ 030-83859423).
Applications should be submitted electronically by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Robert Kindler, stating the identifier in PDF format (preferably as one document): firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the
Free University of Berlin
Central Institute for Eastern Europe
History of Eastern and East Central Europe
Mr. Prof. Dr. Robert Kindler
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent to the electronic processing and storage of your data. We would like to point out that Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of transmitted personal data if your application is sent electronically without protection.