Prof. Dr. Sylvie Roelly
Institute of Mathematics, University of Potsdam
Sylvie Roelly was born on 02.10.1960 in Paris, has 5 children and 8 grandchildren.
1979–1984 Student in Mathematics at the Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris
1984 Ph.D. in Probability Theory, Universite Paris 6 (Supervisor: N. El Karoui) 1991 Habilitation, Universite Paris 6
1985 – Researcher at Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)
1990–1994 Post-doctoral research fellow from Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung and European fellowship in Bielefeld (Germany)
2003 – Professor for Probability Theory, Universität Potsdam
Probability Theory and Statistical Mechanics, in particular: random dynamics with strong interactions and their equilibrium, Gibbs random processes in dimensional spaces, branching processes.
Organisational activities and awards (selection):
◦ Member of the Scientific Advisory Council of the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule, 2021-2024
◦ Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Science, Universität Potsdam, 2016-2019
◦ Head of the Institute of Mathematics, Universität Potsdam, 2011–2015
◦ Mathemacherin des Monats April 2015 (DMV-Prize)
◦ Ito prize 2007
Most important externally funded recent projects
◦ German Speaker of the Research Group Linkage between the Institutes of Mathematics of Universität Potsdam and the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, founded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2018-2021.
◦ German initiator and Speaker of the Toulouse-Potsdam doctoral college Stochastic processes and statistical machine learning founded by the Deutsch-Französische Hochschule, 2018-2021.
◦ German head of the DAAD-Leonhard-Euler Programm Analysefeiner Eigenschaftenzufälliger Prozesse and Feine Eigenschaften stochastischer Prozesse. Fellowships for Ukrainian PhD-students 2012-2013 and 2013-2014.