Freie Universität Berlin re-launches master program on East European Studies
News vom 03.03.2015
War in Ukraine, tensions between Russia and its neighbors, refugees, and economic uncertainties. Eastern Europe faces serious challenges. In order to tackle them, an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the region is necessary. Experts that are able to analyze the situation, give policy advice and cope with conflicting situations are desperately needed.
The Center for Global Politics at Freie Universität Berlin therefore re-launched its master program East European Studies. It is currently the world´s only blended-learning master program on the region.
About the master program
The English-language master East European Studies focuses on the political, economic, social and cultural developments in the region and is designed for professionals who want to obtain a degree whilst staying on the job. The program can be studied within two (full-time) or four (part-time) years and is offered in a blended-learning format, combining distance-learning with in-house sessions in Berlin.
East European Studies will qualify students for higher positions in academia, politics, NGOs, multinational corporations, and international organizations.
• Flexible blended-learning that allows you to stay on the job whilst pursuing your degree
• Rewarding in-house classes in the fascinating city of Berlin twice a year
• An innovative, web-based learning environment
• In-depth knowledge on one of the most dynamic regions of the world
• Excellent career opportunities
• A sustainable network of experts and alumni all over the world
• A degree from a German University of Excellence.
East European Studies is aimed at students who hold a first university degree, can prove their proficiency in English and have at least one year of post-graduate professional experience.
The program starts in October 2015. The application period ends on April 30, 2015.
Freie Universität Berlin
14195 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 838 54033
Fax: +49 30 838 4 54033