8. Finalized (Achieved) or Pending Membership to Main International Organizations
- UN member since June 2006
- OSCE member since June 2006
- Council of Europe member (as the 47th member state) since May 2007.
- The Bologna Education Treaty: The then union-state of Serbia and Montenegro signed the Bologna treaty in 2003. It will be fully implemented until 2010.
- EU, current status: Montenegro has signed the Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA) in March 2007, and is currently in negotiations for the status of candidate country.
- NATO: Montenegro participates in the Partnership for Peace Program since December 2006.
- World Trade Organization: Montenegro is an Observer Government and seeks full membership.