9. Main NGOs involved in nation-building
Aside from state driven efforts to consolidate the national identity of the Bosniaks, several non-governmental organizations also play an important role in this process, though not necessarily as stated purpose of their work. The most influential ones are:
Međunarodni forum Bosna (International Forum Bosna)
- Founded in 1997
- It publishes the Forum Bosnae journal.
- Internet. http://www.ifbosna.org.ba/engleski/pocetna
Helsinški komitet za ljudska prava u Bosni i Hercegovini (Helsinki Committee for Human Rights in Bosnia and Herzegowina)
- Established in 1995
- Internet: http://www.bh-hchr.org
Udruženje građana Selam (Citizens’ Association Selam)
- Founded in 1999 in Zenica
- It publishes the journal Novi horizonti (“The New Horizons”) for scientific, cultural and spiritual affirmation.
Muslimansko žensko udruženje Kewser (Muslim Women’s Association Kewser)
- which publishes the Zehra family journal.
Udruženje žena muslimanki Sumejja (Muslim Women’s Association Sumejja)
- Founded in 1993
- It published the women’s journal Sumejja.
- The branch in Sarajevo was discontinued but the one Tuzla is still active.
Udruženje Mladi Muslimani (The Young Muslims Association)
- Founded in 1939 in Sarajevo with the purpose to facilitate the political and religious affirmation of Bosnia’s Muslims. It was suppressed by the Communists and renewed in 1990.
- Internet: http://www.mm.co.ba